Wow, I cannot believe that another week has dawned. What happened to my weekend? So much has happened it's crazy. I had to go back to my last post to see where I left off.
As of Friday morning, I had completed yet another ultrasound, this time of my right side. I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon and an MRI-guided biospy scheduled for today.
Did I tell you that God is faithful? He is ridiculously faithful, He blows my mind time and time again!
Isaiah 41:13
For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you!!! (awesome mediation verse)
HE WILL HELP ME! (In every step of this journey - the last line of the song He put in my mind at the very beginning of this journey says, ... and step-by-step He'll lead me).
The plastic surgeon we met with is apparently very good and very popular. My oncology surgeon was concerned that his schedule may be booked as he is normally booked out months in advance. And so she had a plan A with another plastic surgeon. My husband, who is very picky and maticulous, had his own plan A as to who will be my plastic surgeon. As I was talking to my oncology surgeon, she mentioned a name that did not match the name that my husband had in mind. And so I mentioned the name that my husband told me. Her concerned was that I may not get in and she is ready to move with my surgery - I don't blame her, I am too.
Praise God for friends and connections. I told my husband what she said and he immediately went to work. You see, our meetings with different people in our lives are NEVER an accident. My husband has known this plastic surgeon for years and has sent quite a few breast cancer patients, (even others), to see this surgeon. He has heard raving reports about him and so my husband was determined to get a hold of him.
This is why I believe that my (our) every move is preordained... God's knows everything about me and nothing is by chance. He has a purpose in our lives and He will fulfill it if we choose to let Him.
The meeting with the plastic surgeon was very good. We decided on a course of action, which to my SURPRISE WILL ELIMINATE RADIATION!! And, after I let the meeting discussion settle in my head, I called my oncology surgeon because now I have a few questions. One of which involves the MRI that was schedule for today.
Remember I told you that I am a wimp and just don't do pain in any which shape or form? Well, I was now trying to get out of the MRI-guided biopsy. The last biopsy I had has traumatized me that I still vividly remember the pain and reaction!
And so I asked, "given the course of action I have decided on, do I still need the MRI on Monday?"
And she said, "good point! no you don't, I will call them on Monday and cancel it. "
WOOHOO!!!!!! no pain for me!
I am telling you, GOD IS SOOOOO FAITHFUL! How can I find better words to convince you if you still don't see through my journey that He wants to show you His Faithfulness. NO RADIATION AND NO BIOSPY!
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same YESTERDAY, TODAY and FOREVER.
He is still in the same business He was in 2000 plus years ago. He went about healing and forgiving, meeting people and their needs right where they are at.
May His name be glorified and lifted up today and always.
Now I have some very important questions for the plastic surgeon. They tell me I will be in the hospital for one night. Praise God. And I will not be able to drive the day after. I can deal with that... I will not be able to move my arms much???? hmmmm.... ok let's look at this - because this is really concerning me...
When they say I cannot move my arms up and I will be spending the night outside of my home...
Can I at least move them enough to get my makeup on?
DON'T LAUGH! This is serious! equally as important the shoes I will be wearing to and from the hospital.
I have thought this all through. I will not be able to put on my jeans, no biggie - I will wear a maxi-dress. I will not be able to bend down and strap on some shoes. No big deal, I will bring slip on ones, (heels of course).
HELLO!! I cannot slip on some make up! I need to move my arms for that!
Do you think that falls under a nurse's job description? Do I even want to let someone else do my makeup?????? NOT!
So, I know the plastic surgeon will be convinced I am crazy - but that is ok - I need my make up. I will call his office this morning - or should I use his cell - he did say, "call with all questions, you have my cell...."
Wife and mama duties are calling.
God bless your day today....
With Lots of Love from me and especially our Father. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment