Friday, March 22, 2013

My Journey.... A War Being Waged in my Head

I'm in Waiting Mode again...

I'm up early again... can't sleep. I am sure this is totally normal, considering the circumstances. I'm thinking about an awesome cup of coffee - but I am also thinking that it just might be too early for that - it is 2:30 in the morning.

I read a really awesome book this past weekend, Possessing your Healing written by Kynan Bridges. I had heard our Pastor and Andrew Womack teach on the very same topic and I started to view God's healing in a whole new light, then. The book goes in to more detail and it really makes you think twice about how we see God's love and nature when it comes to forgiveness and HEALING. I would highly recommend it. You can download it from the iBooks store for only 3.99 and it is a fast read.

I am also reading The Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyers. Another awesome book. This book is right on point when it comes to what goes on in our minds and how it affects our lives. Her descriptions are no-nonsense, no fluffs. I think that is the problem we have today - too much fluff.

So here is what I face during the "wait" times.

We all know the difference between positive vs negative thinking or having a positive vs a negative attitude.  I am sure your mind has taken you through the "what if" scenarios in life, mine has. But lately,  I feel like there is a full-blown war being waged in my mind.

The bible tells us this:

Ephesians 6:12

 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

How do you combat? The Word of God.

These powers of of darkness are really and truly powerless against the word of God. The enemy is a liar, he lost the battle over 2000 years ago.

The problem with waiting in times such as the one I am in at the moment, is our minds become fertile ground for attacks. These attacks come in a form of doubt, fear and loneliness, amongst other things.

It doesn't matter what you are facing, big or small, you are now a prime target. (We are always targets, I think we become bigger targets when we face trials because we start to get preoccupied with our circumstances and take our eyes off our prize - our Heavenly Father). The bible tells us that the enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy. He will steal your confidence and instill fear and doubt and before you know it you are on a downward spiral. Can I ask you a favor? One day, pay attention to the words that come in and out of your head. Are they positive or negative? Are they words that will benefit you or mindless words that have no use for you? Are they words that will please our Heavenly Father or space-fillers?

Our church is in the middle of a small group study called Soul Detox - I feel like this was pre-ordained especially for me at this time. The first session was on Lethal Language - words that do not build anyone one up, including yourself. It is so important that we speak words of life over ourselves, our families, friends and our situations. These words are found all over in the Living Word of God.

Hebrews 4:12

 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

That's what I have been doing during this "wait" moment. Arming myself and my familiy and friends with words that speak life in to my situation. We have been given the Authority to trample on the head of the enemy. He has no power over you or your circumstance. He is nothing more than a bully who makes a lot of noise and that is all it is - NOISE. Shut him up and shut him down.

Can I make a suggestion? Open up your bible - I know you have one. You may have to look for it, but it's there. Most of us have iPhones or Androids - download the bible app. You can even set it up to give you a verse for the day. One verse that you can meditate on, ponder, and thank God for. It is ONE verse. I promise you, you will not regret it. As you let the Living Word of God start to take root in your heart, soon those negative thoughts and space-filler words will start to dissipate and you will be on your way to a life of Victory!

I can't believe it's the weekend again. Spring is here! At least, I was told. :D I have an appointment with the plastic surgeon today. Another story of God's faithfulness, which I will share later.

God bless your weekend.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment