It's been quiet around here lately, aside from the normal day to day activities, you know, laundry, cooking, playdates, homework, etc... It was nice... then...
I waited for the surgeon's office to schedule an appointment to talk to discuss in further details the findings of the MRI. They didn't call Monday, as promised that we would hear from them. Tuesday morning comes, I am on the phone calling them. I am slightly annoyed because I am now calling them instead of the other way around. (It is so annoying when people don't realize that they now revolve around your world. In this case, my world! ... Wait - what? what do you mean they don't!)
As I am talking to the receptionist, (who has decided before listening to my full request that she knows why I am calling through her excellent selective hearing skills), the conversation starts to go downhill fast! I really was calm, and all I needed was to book an appointment with the surgeon, who suggested we meet. But now I find myself working extra hard not to lose my cool and keep my tone nice and calm. It was not the case inside my head!
Here is how the conversation goes:
Remember, I am trying to get an appointment with my doctor.
Receptionist - (upon hearing the words MRI results): Oh, I can't do that I am not a nurse.
Me: (taken aback): oh... well .... can I talk to the nurse then?
Receptionist puts me on hold. She comes back on the line and says:
The doctor is in the OR today. The nurse said we have to talk to the doctor and then we will get back to you.
At this point now, she has confirmed that she has no idea why I am calling. And I now have every right to blow up at her - I have spent over 10 minutes of my time on the phone and have accomplished nothing!
I tried to stop her, but she kept rambling on. Finally, she stops. I asked:
Why do you need to talk to the doctor?
Receptionist: about your MRI results.
Me: (in my head - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!) then I put my smile back on my face and said, I know what my reults are.
Receptionist: Oh! Well, then why are you calling?
Me: (in my head again - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!)
Frustrating, isn't it?
That long ordeal led to another ultra-sound, and now an MRI-guided biopsy for right side of my girls. Yay, fun!!
As I watched them conduct the ultra-sound, I tried to decipher what they were saying. I even watched their facial expressions for the non-verbal communication. I figured between what they were saying, (which is another language in itself) and the expressions on their faces I should be able to get some information.
The MRI from last week showed that there is something on my right side as well.
Based on what I gathered from the observations of the radiologist and the technician, and what they told me, which they tried to give me a positive report, 99% positive, I am pretty sure I have nothing to worry about. The Word does say, that by HIS Stripes, we ARE healed.
The doctors themselves want to make sure, so now I have another date with the BIG SCARY MACHINE again. UGH! And this time, they will perform a biopsy while I am in there!! I informed her that I am a wimp and do not want to feel pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment