WOW! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE???
It's been a little over a month since the surgery. My Father remains faithful and true to His Word. When I stop to think about His goodness and grace, I am overwhelmed and overcome with such gratitude. I cannot even express a proper THANK YOU.
Phillipians 4:19
And my God shall supply ALL your needs, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
My recovery is going extremely well. At the hospital they gave me those stronger painkillers which I am not so sure I really needed. Since I have been home, (I was in for just one night), good ol' acetometaphine is all I took, and that was rarely. From the perspective of my finite human mind, that is crazy considering the procedure I had just gone through. In my heart I know what my God promised and His healing power continues to flow through every blood vessle and vein in my body. Hence, I was able to vacuum four days out, it took forever but I did it. :) I know... not too smart.
My biggest struggle was my energy level. I went from always being on the go to sitting around resting!
This past week, exactly one month from the surgery, one of my doctors told me he wanted me to start walking my fingers up the wall.
Actually, this is what he said verbatim, "I want you to start walking up the wall."
Me, in my head of course, "you want me to go crazy?"
He must have seen the look of confusion on my face, because he immediatedly demonstrated what he meant. He wanted me to start exercising my arms and stretching the muscle. Walk my fingers up a wall, while I am standing straight, and once I feel pain, take my fingers up two more step, hold it there a little.
Problem: I have already been raising my arms over my head for the past couple of weeks. So now what? :D
Not such a bad problem to have, right? :) reminds me of a scripture:
1 John 4:17... Because as HE IS, so are we in this world.
I love that!
He is healed from all the wounds they put on Him at the crucifixion. So as He is, (totally and completely healed), so are we, (so am I). PRAISE GOD!!!!
As Jesus is, at this very moment, seated at the right hand of our Father, interceding on our behalf, so are we in this world.
Jesus is NOT sitting around feeling sorry for Himself, having a pity party, saying, 'Oh, why did this happen to me? Why do things never go my way? This is just my luck! These things only happen to me. Or, my life sucks!
Why do we speak suck negativity into our lives? Worst yet, we speak these nonsense in front of our children, and so they start to speak the same negative outlook in their lives.
The power of life and death is in the tongue... (Proverbs).
God never promised us smooth sailing. He didn't because He knows the enemy rears his ugliness and his nastiness everyday. The enemy roams ready to kill, steal and destroy.
God promised He will be with us every step of the way - HE WILL NEVER LEAVE US, NOR FORSAKE US.
I have so often thought of Job during these past couple of months. Everytime I start to feel sorry for myself, I am reminded of Job's faith and trust in God. The enemy took EVERYTHING, except for Job's life, oh yeah, and as a gift, left Job with a gross disease. Job NEVER turned his back on God. He continued to trust God. And God blessed Job with a DOUBLE portion of EVERYTHING he lost!!
I think that is why I have never really allowed myself to have a pity party or be angry that I find myself where I am. People are suffering and hurting everyday - they find themselves in such dire circumstances, worst off than where I find myself. The cherry on the cake for them? They are going at it alone.
Me? Totally blessed! Supported by a husband and son who loves me, and surrounded by people who cannot seem to do enough to let me know how precious I am.
Every tear I have shed during this journey were and are tears of gratitude. I am overwhelmed by how much my Father in heaven loves me. So many people have, (continue to do so), become the hands and feet of Jesus during this time.
It is pure, unadulterated CRAZINESS!!! But you know what? It's because my Heavenly Father loves me like crazy!!
HE LOVES YOU LIKE CRAZY, too.
He continues to take care of me and my family. He wants to show you the same care. :)
Won't you let Him?
Until next time,
God bless your day.
Aloha!!
No comments:
Post a Comment